Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays at 7:30 pm
Sundays at 2 pm
Winner 1990 Pulitzer Prize for Drama & Drama Desk Award, Outstanding New Play
It is 1936, and Boy Willie arrives in Pittsburgh from the South in a battered truck loaded with watermelons to sell. He has an opportunity to buy some land down home, but he must come up with the money right quick. He wants to sell an old piano that has been in his family for generations, but he shares ownership with his sister, and it sits in her living room. She has already rejected several offers because the antique piano is covered with incredible carvings detailing the family’s rise from slavery. Boy Willie tries to persuade his stubborn sister that the past is past, but she is more formidable than he anticipated.
Appropriate for ages 10 and up
Tickets: $29 (includes $2 online ticket processing fee)
Discounts available for seniors, students & groups
*Presented through special arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Samuel French, Inc. www.concordtheatricals.com
Wining Boy: David Wendell Boykins
Avery: Sekou Calhoun
Boy Willie: Sean Massey
Grace: Jayden Russell
Berniece: Shaundra Norwood
Maretha: Alyssa Melton
Lymon: Kevin Davis Jr.
Doaker: Jerrold Trice
Director: Natalie King
Stage Manager: Maria Leon Hickox*
Assistant Stage Manager: Victoria Esquibell
Set & Lighting Designer: Bryan Stevenson
Sound Designer: Ryan Simon
Costume Designer: Diana Story
Assistant Costumer Designer: Janice Pennington
Prop Designer: Robin Dotson
Scenic Artist: Angie Glover
*Appearing through an Agreement between Theatre Arlington and Actors’ Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.
- No Refunds or Exchanges. All sales are FINAL.
- Tickets are NOT mailed. They will be emailed to you. When you arrive please show the usher your e-ticket, either on your phone or a printed version.
- No lap seats or children under the age of 3 permitted.
- Photography, video or audio recording is strictly forbidden.
- Please turn off all cell phones and noise makers.
- Tickets not redeemed by 5 minutes before show time may be released to those on the waiting list.
- As of April 1, 2022: Masks/Face Coverings are now your choice for this production, per our contract with Actors' Equity Association.