September 1, 2019
Theatre Arlington adheres to the US safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at Privacy Matters, c/o Theatre Arlington, 305 W. Main Street, Arlington, TX 76010, USA.
Information We Collect And How We Use It:
TA offers a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any private information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a TA service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for private information (such as your name, email address and billing address). For certain services, such as show tickets, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other TA services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We are the sole owners of the Personal Information collected on this Site.
- Log information – When you use TA services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to TA, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites – We offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Private information that you provide to those sites may be sent to TA in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links – TA may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our customized content and advertising.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
TA processes private information on our servers in the United States of America. In no cases, do we process private information on a server outside our country. We may process private information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process private information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our ticketing system.
Choices For Private Information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide private information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use private information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of private information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit private information to any of our services, in which case TA may not be able to provide those services to you.
TA only shares private information with other companies or individuals outside of TA in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive private information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing private information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of TA, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-private information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of private data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store private data.
We restrict access to private information to TA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
TA processes private information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the private information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the private information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their private information whenever necessary.
Accessing And Updating Private Information
When you use TA services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your private information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ private information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
TA regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or TA’s treatment of private information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at Privacy Matters, c/o Theatre Arlington, 305 West Main Street, Arlington, TX 76010, USA. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is TA’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of private data that cannot be resolved between TA and an individual.
Changes To This Policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site or at Privacy Matters, c/o Theatre Arlington, 305 West Main Street, Arlington, TX 76010, USA.